#1 boo

boo

Mod Squad

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts
  • Quad Cities

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Tonight is the Grammys which I planned on watching because of Adele but now I'm curious how they will pay tribute to Whitney Houston. Anyone else planning to watch?

#2 maryg

maryg

Advanced Member

• Power User
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,036 posts
  • Vancouver Island, Canada

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'll probably watch some of it, it's always good to see the performers.

#3 audwoman

audwoman

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

I am going to watch most of it. I usually like to watch Desperate Housewives, But I can catch it "On Demand" tomorrow.

#4 audwoman

audwoman

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

I watched most of it, But what was with that Micky Mouse...What am I missing. I sort of listen to all music I do not discriminate. I like to know what is out there...But I missed the Micky stuff. lol

The dueling quitars was awesome. Jenifer Hudson was great, I am still wondering about Micky...lol

#5 maryg

maryg

Advanced Member

• Power User
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

Wasn't that a great production? The performances were all SO good, I ended up watching the entire show.

#6 boo

boo

Mod Squad

• Lurker
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts
  • Quad Cities

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Micky Mouse was there? Are you sure that wasn't Mick Jagger, Aud? I didn't see the mouse but I fell asleep! :o I couldn't believe it. You know how much I watched? LL Cool J was doing the intro... :blush: I was all liquored up on cough meds. Can't believe I missed Adele performance too.

#7 maryg

maryg

Advanced Member

• Power User
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

The Mickey Mouse thingy was during a dance number showing modern dance music. I think it was done in a different venue and shown at the Grammys on a big screen. Everybody that was dancing went wild when the "mouse" appeared so they knew what it was supposed to be.

#8 sashweezy

sashweezy

Mod Squad

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,888 posts
  • Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

I am going to watch most of it. I usually like to watch Desperate Housewives, But I can catch it "On Demand" tomorrow.

You watch Desperate Housewives? :o :whistle:

I didn't watch it as it's always on all day after. The highlights that is. No point in watching it. I went to bed. Jennifer Hudson brought a tear to my eye. Such a sad loss and all because of drugs again no matter what they say. I feel so, so bad for her daughter. :(

#9 audwoman

audwoman

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

You watch Desperate Housewives?

Oh yes I have watched it from day one. It started to get bad. I still watched. Even bad it would give me a laugh.

The stations made me angry when they put Good Wife on at the same time. So since Good Wife is one of those thinking man's shows I watch it "On Demand" on Mondays so if I miss something I can rewind.

#10 audwoman

audwoman

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

I just found out that.....

Glen Campbell was diagnosed six months ago as being in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. With the final album and tour upon the country, this will be one of the last times Campbell will be on stage in front of a national audience.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Glen Campbell Grammys 2012 tribute: Blake Shelton, The Band Perry sing (video) - National Celebrity Headlines | Examiner.com http://www.examiner....o#ixzz1mKRP81dy

#11 maryg

maryg

Advanced Member

• Power User
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

I knew about his diagnosis and was worried that he would forget his lyrics but he did just fine. He's very brave isn't he to get on stage like that considering his situation?

#12 audwoman

audwoman

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts
  • Pennsylvania

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Mary they said that the teleprompter helped him. He did do a very good job.

Another note of the evening... Adele

Now that Adele is 'Rolling in the Deep' when it comes to her bank account, her ex-boyfriend is claiming that he inspired her debut album, '19,' and deserves a cut of the profits.

"For about a week he was calling and was deadly serious about it," she told The Sun. "Finally, I said, 'Well, you made my life hell, so I lived it and now I deserve it.'"

http://www.popeater.com/2011/05/11/adele-ex-boyfriend/